Effective Date: August 13, 2021
This privacy notice sets out how Rendipity (“Rendipity” or “we”) use and protect any information that we may collect about you when you visit our website www.rendipity.com and other websites operated by us (collectively the “Site” or “Sites”), or otherwise interact with our interior design services (the “Services”).
Security and the protection of Personal Information are the cornerstones of the Services, and we wish to be fully transparent about the ways in which we collect, use, and disclose Personal Information. Insofar as our Services process Personal Information, this Privacy Notice applies.
What we mean by “Personal Information”
What data do we collect and from what sources?
(1) Data Collected Automatically
(2) Data You Provide to Us
When you use the Sites or otherwise communicate with us in connection with the Services, we collect data that you provide to us directly. For example, we collect data when you engage in certain activities on the Site, such as purchasing packages, creating an account, or scheduling an appointment, on and through the Site or over the phone. Some elements of the information we ask you to provide is identified as mandatory, and some are identified as voluntary. If you do not provide the mandatory information when required, you may not be able to complete your chosen action.
The information you provide to us directly may include the following information that may, alone or in combination with other data, constitute Personal Information:
- Information you provide through ‘Contact’, “Join our mailing list,” “Create an Account”, functionalities, “Checkout”, “Swatch Checkout,” “Join Our Trade Program,” or “Chat,” including your name, email, address, payment information, and any other information you decide to provide;
- Information you provide via email or using the contact details listed on various parts of the Sites, including your name, phone number, and any other information you provide to us;
- When scheduling an in-person appointment with us in one of our retail locations, we may ask for certain health information relating to COVID-19, such as any symptoms you may have experienced and instances of contact you may have had with a person with COVID-19 (“Health Information”);
- If you are one of our customers, suppliers, or prospects, we may process limited Personal Information in the course of our business relationship with you, for example, when you place an order, request a demo, or vice versa. Such Personal Information may include your name, company, title, email address, telephone number, address, and order details; and
- Other information: We may also collect any other information you may want to share with us in and through the Site, such as Personal Information related to recruitment/job applications. Moreover, if you contact us, for example, using our live chat, a record of this correspondence may be kept.
We may also provide areas on our Site where you can publicly post information, such as when you review products. This information may be accessible by other consumers and companies and may appear on other sites or web searches; and therefore, this information could be read, collected, and used by others. For example, if you post your email address along with a product review, you may receive unsolicited messages. We have no control over who reads your postings or what other users may do with the information you voluntarily post, so please use caution when posting any Personal Information. We do obtain consent from our users to post their names along with their reviews.
Purpose of our collection and use of Personal Information
The data collected in connection with the Site and the Services is used for the following purposes:
- To improve customer service – Your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs.
- To personalize user experience – We may use information in the aggregate to understand how the users of our Site as a group use the services and resources provided on our Site.
- To process transactions – We may use Personal Information when placing an order only to provide service to that order. We do not share this information with outside parties except to the extent necessary to provide the Services.
- To administer a content, promotion, survey or other Site feature.
- To ensure the health, safety, and security of our customers and staff. We may use the Health Information we collect solely for the purpose of ensuring the health, safety, and security of our customers and staff in connection with in-person appointments and for no other purpose.
- To send you information you agreed to receive about topics we think will be of interest to you. For example, we may use information you provide to email or text you to further discuss your interest in our services and to send you information regarding Rendipity, its affiliates, and its partners, such as information about promotions or events.
- To comply with applicable law and cooperate with law enforcement activities.
- To send periodic emails.
The email address you provide for order processing will be used to send you information and updates pertaining to your order. It may also be used to respond to your inquiries and/or other requests or questions. If you decide to opt-in to our mailing list, you will receive emails that may include company news, updates, related product or service information, etc. If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email, or you may contact us via our Site.
In addition to the above, we use Personal Information for our legitimate purposes of protecting our legal rights and the data we process, in connection with legal claims, and for compliance, regulatory, and investigative purposes. This may include sharing this Personal Information with third parties, such as governmental authorities or law enforcement officials subject to applicable law.
Who do we share Personal Information with?
We may disclose Personal Information you provide to us or that we collect automatically on the Site and in and through the Services with the following categories of third parties:
- Service providers, such as logistics service providers, data storage service providers, marketing service providers, and communications service providers. Such service providers are only allowed to use Personal Information disclosed to them for the purpose of providing us with the services and for no other purposes;
- Public authorities, such as law enforcement, if we are legally required to do so or if we need to protect our rights or the rights of third parties; and
- Our subsidiaries and affiliates; or a subsequent owner, co-owner or operator of the Site and/or the Services and their advisors in connection with a corporate merger, consolidation, restructuring, the sale of substantially all of our stock and/or assets, or in connection with bankruptcy proceedings, or other corporate reorganization.
We maintain commercially reasonable risk-based security and data protection measures, which include end-to-end encryption for Personal Information in transit and encryption for Personal Information at rest. We limit access to Health Information to only those who have a need to know Health Information in performing their tasks. While we attempt to ensure the integrity and security of Personal Information, we cannot guarantee that our security measures will prevent third parties such as so-called hackers from illegally obtaining access to Personal Information. We do not warrant or represent that Personal Information about you will be protected against loss, misuse, or alteration by third parties.
Links to other Websites
The Sites and the Services are not intended for children under the age of 16. Accordingly, we do not intend to collect Personal Information from anyone we know to be under 16 years of age. We do not intentionally collect, sell, or process the Personal Information of individuals under 16 years of age. For more information on the acceptable use of the Site, please see our Terms & Conditions.
63-66 Hatton Gardens,
5th Floor, Suite 23,
London, EC1N 8LE